Travel packing can send even the most organised of us into a bit of stand still, what to take, weather conditions, activities, can I wash clothes while I’m away, whats the vibe at the destination? Too hard... but if you spend some time and effort thinking about packing before you go, you may end up being one of those ‘smug travellers’ whipping effortlessly through the terminal - light and easy is the name of the game.
My top tips tips for travel packing…
- Each piece worn at least two different ways… otherwise it hasn’t earned its place.
- Neutrals make it a whole lot easier to wear different and varied combinations.
- Great simple, strong accessories so you feel you have some interest in your holiday outfits.
- Easy wash and dry items in good travel fabrics.
- Think about climate and check ahead while spending some time thinking about what will you actually need.
- What will you be doing? active, events, casual, stylish casual.
- Roll up! Yes, it’s a roll from me - roll everything you can (minimal creases and gives you plenty more room).
FYI - what I took away on holiday to warmer climes;
- Billabong, denim cut offs.
- Camilla and Marc, olive green wide pants.
- Toby, gingham black and white dress.
- L’Agence, palm print shift dress.
- Seafolly, Black 50’s style one piece.
- Moontide, khaki print one piece.
- Rayban mirrored aviator sun glasses.
- Velvet, slub cotton black muscle tank.
- Rollas, viscose fine stripe shirt.
- Birkenstocks, silver two strap sandals.
- Hudson, tan sandal.
- Sun hat, light trilby.
- Velvet, charcoal t-shirt.